Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wellington

Sorry for the long wait between posts.  Hopefully this will explain where much of our time has gone:


Meet Welly:

Short for Wellington, as in "Duke of," of course.  Will's been reading war novels.
Welly found us two Sundays ago.  No one in our neighborhood has recognized or claimed Welly.  Welly hasn't tried to leave our backyard since crawling under our fence.

Welly visits the vet tomorrow to get some shots and probably a collar.

I know all about the "life is what happens while you're making plans" bit, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

But really, we love Welly.  And I think it's important to grow up with a childhood pet, so maybe this is good timing after all.

In other news, I have just entered the second trimester, and the nausea has died down.  We had another checkup yesterday and got to hear the baby's heartbeat!

3 comments:

  1. Emi, I am so excited you have dog! I was going to try and convince you guys to name him Calvin since we have Hobbes now but I love the name Welly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Anne Marie told me about the puppy but she did not convey how stinking adorable he is! OMG! SO CUTE. I agree with you that its important to have a childhood pet and Welly looks perfect. He'll help ease ya'll into parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks a LOT like Amos - a boxer lab mix that we adopted a few months ago. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete