Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's A....

We had our 20-week ultrasound on Tuesday!

It's a girl!  Well, we're 80% sure.  She was so curled up (like me on a cold morning) that it took a half an hour just so the nurse could get an image she could work with.  She had me roll over on my side, stand up, and was wiggling the sensor all over my stomach to try to get the baby to unwind.  But our baby was being pretty modest... I guess we just have to keep that up for another twenty years or so.

After the last post, my mom said, "sooner or later, you'll have to draw you smiling in one of these."  Part of that is for comic effect... it's easier and usually funnier to cast yourself as the brunt of a joke.  But, in actuality, seeing our baby moving around and watching her heart beat and spine curl was a big leap for me... this isn't just that amoeba squid-creature attached to me anymore.  This is a little girl, with a (potential) name and personality.  Now I can look at baby clothes.  Now I can look at nursery colors.  Now she has a real, tangible future.  And that's made me a lot happier and feel a lot more connected than I did before, when she was just The Orb.

We'll get another ultrasound in a few weeks to be 100% sure of the sex.  But for now, we're moving into Act II... the second half of our pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment