Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Origins of the Orb

The idea to draw a short comic about our new hormone-controlling being came about 8 weeks into our pregnancy when my brother, who works at an ice cream shop, brought us a pint of--not raspberry, as I had asked, but strawberry ice cream.  While my physical reaction was mostly perfectly sane, this is roughly what went on in my head:
ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.

 We are young, broke, first-time parents navigating these emotionally-charged waters with a certain amount of fascination and anticipation.  I tend to make sense of the world around me by diminishing it into cartoonish sketches, so the idea for a small art blog was formed to keep family and friends involved in our process. 

Follow us as we, the keepers, bend to the ever-demanding, ever-increasing power of the Orb.  Welcome to our blog!

Also, in Corey's defense, the strawberry ice cream was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm not pregnant and nowhere near becoming it either. But your comics and blogs are so rad! They were so cute and funny and they really gave me an insight on the life of a Mom(and Dad). It really makes me thankful for all my Mom went through with her pregnancy and raising my siblings and I.

    P.S. I love your art style and your family is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete