Friday, June 8, 2012

How Writing a Thesis is Like Having a Child


Today I turned in my thesis draft to my committee and I defend it next week!  It has been a long and cyclical process, but I'm nearing the finish line!  This comic idea has been floating around in my head ever since I started running analyses back in the fall.  After running my first frequencies and getting some of my first results, I remember emailing my mom and saying, "this is what I imagine holding Lucy for the first time will be like."  But I was wrong--- it was totally different, mostly because I wasn't on morphine while running my analyses. 

So many things are happening with Lucy!  She's sitting up in her baby seat  and starting to roll over.  She giggles and talks to us constantly and loves going outside and watching the trees go by in her stroller.  She's so much fun to be with.  But dang if she doesn't take up huge quantities of thesis-writing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment